lwip-users

[lwip-users] Upload large file to server with small Memory for processin

From: SUTARIYA MAHESH
Subject: [lwip-users] Upload large file to server with small Memory for processing
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 10:48:06 +0530

Hi,

I am using lwip with FreeRTOS on Luminary Cortex-M3 platform.

Webserver platform: My web server is running with TCP_WND=4096 and TCP_MSS=1500, arround 8 kb of ram for my operation

Problem: I want to upload binary file worth 300 kb to webserver. My purpose is to process this file at Webserver and then through it.
I don't have even space on my webserver to store such a large file.I am using type=file upload method on browser side.What I want is, when I click on upload button, my browser will start uploading. Since I only have 8 kb of memory, as soon as browser send that much of data it should stop sending and wait till buffer for next data is empty. On server side I will process first 8KB bunch of data and then after(may be 0.2 second), I want to ack to browser for next bunch of data.

Is it possible?

Will it work if I set TCP_WND=4096 and TCP_MSS=1500, will it wait after  4096 byte received in buffer till buffer gets free?

Regards,
Mahesh