lwip-users

[lwip-users] Send a DNS request

From: toto.conseil
Subject: [lwip-users] Send a DNS request
Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 09:29:14 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

I use EVK1100 with AVR studio 2.6.
I need to send DNS request on the server for to connect my card. I work with
TCP
protocol.

I want to use netconn_gethostbyname function. It's a good way ? The problem is
that the
function returns ERR_VAL (-8 or Illegal value) and I don't know why. Here is my
code :

char name[19];

err_t err;

struct ip_addr AddrFree;

sprintf(name,"www.google.fr");

dns_init();

err=netconn_gethostbyname(name, &AddrFree);

There are dns_getserver or dns_send or other which can maybe help me?
Somebody has a idea ?
Thanks in advance.

Emmanuel.

Je crée ma boîte mail www.laposte.net