lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] using two memory pools for pbuf

From: Thomas Richter (TCD - DE/Dresden)
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] using two memory pools for pbuf
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2011 15:54:14 +0200

Hi Kieran,

I´m still working at the problematic that I have to inform from one side
of the Ethernet connection to another side that RNR (receive not ready =
can not handle more data, please wait) occurs.
I thought that I can be use TCP buffer handling and if window size is 0
(in TCP header) than the information will be transported from one to
another side.

Currently I see following possibilities:
Either I can use different buffer pools (e.g. use PBUF_POOL for data
port and PBUF_RAM for control port),
Or I can limit the data buffer pool to have at least one buffer for
incoming a command at control port which can be handled.

Does anybody see another possibilities?

Thomas