lwip-users

RE: [lwip-users] Lock-up issue with tcp_receive() and tcp_output()

From: Carr, Anthony
Subject: RE: [lwip-users] Lock-up issue with tcp_receive() and tcp_output()
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 10:41:54 +0000

Hi Kieran,

I have been delving into this problem a bit more and have found an identical
issue in the archive.
In the archive thread the user was having problems with ethernetif_input()
being interrupted by a timer interrupt that called tcp_slowtmr() and resulted
in the corruption of the internal packet lists.

In my application I have the reverse condition.
tcp_slowtmr() is called periodically from main() with ethernetif_input() called
from the Ethernet interrupt.
I am assuming if the Ethernet interrupt occurs during tcp_slowtmr() this could
possibly be the cause of the corrupted packet lists.
Am I correct in this assumption?

Thanks,

Tony