lwip-users

RE: [lwip-users] Problem with use DHCP and IP fixed

From: Andrew Foster
Subject: RE: [lwip-users] Problem with use DHCP and IP fixed
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 08:26:45 -0500

Diecol,

If I'm not mistaken you will need to leave both:

  #define LWIP_DHCP  1
  #define LWIP_UDP   1

This will allow you to make a runtime decision on what IP mode the user
has enabled. Keep in mind, the underlying protocol for receiving DHCP
packets is handled by the UDP portion of the lwIP stack (or at least
that is the way I remember it).

As for configuring your interface at runtime, look into lwiplib.h. It
contains the structure, definitions and prototypes to configure your
network interface for both modes.

Once you have assigned the proper parameters to the structure, you can
call lwIPLib_Init(lwIPLib_IPInfo_t *pInitParams).

If you need to reconfigure call:
lwIPLib_NetworkConfigChange(
 unsigned long ulIPAddr,  // the new IP address to be used (static)
 unsigned long ulNetMask, // the new network mask to be used (static)
 unsigned long ulGWAddr,  // the new Gateway address to be used (static)
 unsigned long ulIPMode)  // the IP Address Mode

Hope this helps,

Andrew