lwip-users

RE: [lwip-users] Advice on API for this application

From: Bill Auerbach
Subject: RE: [lwip-users] Advice on API for this application
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2010 09:06:31 -0500

NO_SYS determines whether lwIP includes OS support for the netconn
(LWIP_NETCONN=1) and socket (LWIP_SOCKET=1) APIs and for processing timer
and receiving and processing packets.  NO_SYS=0 is required in this case
(init.c compile-time checks this case).

If LWIP_SOCKET=0 and LWIP_NETCONN=0 and NO_SYS=0, you would have lwIP OS
support for processing lwIP timers and packets, which would also process any
callbacks you register for PCBs (with the LWIP_CALLBACK_API=1).  There is
also OS support (locking) in memory and pbuf management.

For LWIP_EVENT_API I am not sure of the effect of using LWIP_SOCKET=0,
LWIP_NETCONN=0 and NO_SYS=0.

This may not be complete - this is after just a brief study of where NO_SYS
is used in the code.

Bill