lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] General clarification needed!

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] General clarification needed!
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2010 15:06:43 +0100

Teckinal Greek <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,I went through the implementation of RTP using lwIP socket programming
> for which I have read the author is Goldsimon.

That's interesting. Where have you read that? I really didn't change much in
that file, only coding style (e.g. line length) and adding packing- and other
lwIP-related macros. The main code is nearly unchanged to the first revision as
checked in by Frédéric. You can see that by comparing revisions 1.1 and 1.5 of
that file in viewvc
(http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/contrib/apps/rtp/rtp.c?root=lwip&r1=1.5&r2=1.1).

> If I am quite correct is it the same Simon Goldschmidt.

That's correct, yes :-)

> If in that case I would have a question for
> him. My question is does this project with root name  contrib / apps / rtp /
> rtp.c  just implement only RTP or it also includes RTCP.

I don't know that, really. I didn't use that code, I only made sure it's in
line with the rest of the code and that it compiles correctly.

> [..] Since your project gives a good overview of
> implementing it on lwIP TCP/IP stack,

Well, actually this implementation seems to have nothing to do with lwIP
really, since it is implemented for sockets: I would have expected you can use
that code on any stack implementing sockets...

Simon
--
GMX DSL Doppel-Flat ab 19,99 &euro;/mtl.! Jetzt auch mit