lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Deatach LWIP Webserver

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Deatach LWIP Webserver
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 09:06:40 +0100

On Mon, 2010-10-18 at 18:43 +0200, Luis Rossi wrote:

> Yes, i got the idea that if have no OS i would have to create some
> sort of
> polling with state machine and callbacks to make use of the raw API.
> But
> assuming I AM using a  RTOS with the standard API, how would i bind
> some
> external webserver or whatever to the the lwIP TCP/IP stack? Assuming
> that
> this webserver was developed using standard BSD sockets functions.

It's probably easiest to look at some of the examples in the contrib
modules.  It rather depends on your OS and the application.  In unix for
example you can compile lwIP as a library that will initialise itself
and link against that.  The first step would I suppose be to modify the
application source to pull in the lwip/sockets.h header instead of the
standard sockets definition and take things from there.

Kieran