lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] PORT FOR MCF52259

From: Mike Kleshov
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] PORT FOR MCF52259
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 13:50:25 +0400

On 15 October 2010 14:23, Luis Rossi <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hey thank you!!
>
> I just could not undrdtand, what sould i do with the ethernetif file to
> finidh the port?
>
> And how difficult is to port a different WebServer to lwip?

You should have a look at the contrib module in CVS. It has some
complete ports. In short, a port with no OS is the network interface
driver, some short header files in the arch folder, some
initialization code and lwipopts.h.
As for porting a web server to lwip, I don't think it's easy. Since
you are going to run it with no OS, you have no option of using the
sockets API. Your only option is the raw API of lwip. I doubt there
are many web servers around that are compatible with the raw API. By
the way, the contrib module contains a web server, maybe it's all you
need.

Regards,
- mike