lwip-users

[lwip-users] Cannot write to Server using lwIP

From: Teckinal Greek
Subject: [lwip-users] Cannot write to Server using lwIP
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2010 12:44:11 +0000

Hi,
I have successfully implemented Client-Server model using lwIP Raw API, I can connect to my Server which is my PC( a small server program is running so that i can use telnet command to get connected to it from normal PC and can write to it by typing from the key board). In the same way I have made my FPGA to work as client. With my code I can connect it to the server, which i can see on the server side that my client is connected. Now my problem is that I could not write to the server. Here is the piece of code which does the job of writing to the server......
static err_t client_connected(void *arg, struct tcp_pcb *tpcb, err_t err)
{
    char string[] = "Hello!";
    LWIP_UNUSED_ARG(arg);
    err_t ret_val;

    if(err != ERR_OK)
    printf("\n client connected(): err argument not set to ERR_OK, but the value is %d\n", err);

     else
    {
        tcp_sent(tpcb, client_sent);
        printf("Sucess\n");
        ret_val = tcp_write(tpcb, &string, sizeof(string), 1);
        printf("ret_val = %d", ret_val);
        tcp_output(tpcb);
    }
    return err;
}

I am getting the value of ret_val = 0.
But the problem is that I could not print the string "Hello!" to the server. Where am I making my mistake.
Regards,
TG