lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] lwIP stack with MODBUS TCP/IP on application layer

From: Christian Walter
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] lwIP stack with MODBUS TCP/IP on application layer
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 19:17:31 +0200

address@hidden wrote:

Hello,

Our FreeMODBUS stack (http://www.freemodbus.org) support lwIP in the STR71X/lwIP/PPP example. Should be fairly straight forward to update to a recent lwIP port.

If you require commercial support for this feel free to contact us too.

Kind regards,
        Christian

There should be no problem using lwIP for a MODBUS TCP/IP application. You don't even need an OS for that, as long as you write the application with the raw API (a.k.a. callback API). I fact, we use it for something quite similar, though not exactly MODBUS.

However, I don't know of an existing MODBUS TCP/IP application for lwIP, so you will need to write it on your own, I'm afraid.

Simon

ORIO, Gabriel wrote:

Hi everybody !

Above all I would like to thank you all for your work. I found it very useful for me. I’m quite new in this field, but I’m getting informed about the things I need.

I would like to know :

it is possible tu use the lwIP stack with the MODBUS TCP/IP application protocol ?

If it is possible, do I need an API ? (in the MODBUS TCP/IP applications we just need to read and write registers, nothing more)

Do I always need an operating system emulation layer when implementing a lwIP ?

As I’m not an expert I would like to begin implementing a very simple (but complete) version of the lwIP.

I thank you in advance for your kind answers.

Gabriele ORIO

Axane, Air Liquide