lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Setting the netif hostname without using DHCP

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Setting the netif hostname without using DHCP
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2010 06:32:24 +0200

 Karthik Vadambacheri Manian wrote:
I checked on the lwip archive for previous discussions on this topic.
Few threads adviced to use the contrib/apps/netbios/netbios.c file.
They asked to set NETBIOS_LWIP_NAME to the host name and call
netbios_init().
I have set the NETBIOS_LWIP_NAME to the required hostname and called
netbios_init() after tcpip_init(). But still I could not ping using
hostname but I can ping using statically defined IP. Kindly let me
know what I am missing here?
First of all, the netbios name service only helps when you try to ping *from* windows, not from any unix. If so, you might want to try to write the name for NETBIOS_LWIP_NAME in uppercase, as the code uses strcmp and windows sends the name uppercase, too.

Simon