lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] closesocket problem (lwip_close)

From: David Empson
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] closesocket problem (lwip_close)
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 2010 10:10:01 +1200

"Adam Fullerton" <address@hidden> wrote:
I am using a web browser on a PC to look at pages served by Webio
through lwIP's socket API. There is a checksum offload engine in use
in the lwIP ethernet interface, so this could be a problem.

How do you know which packets have bad check-sums from frame 9
onwards? When I was developing the COE code Wireshark would turn
packets with bad checksums red. Which frames from 192.168.243.12 have
bad checksums?

There is a preference in Wireshark for whether it validates the TCP checksums. Mine was off and I assume that is the default because I don't remember changing it.

Edit > Preferences > Protocols > TCP > Validate the TCP checksum if possible
(with a similar one for UDP)

You may have fixed your checksum offload's implementation of IP header checksums (which Wireshark does validate by default), but still have a problem with offload of TCP and UDP checksums.