lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] sys_mbox_new() question

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] sys_mbox_new() question
Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 06:42:11 +0200

BugTraker wrote:
   From contrib directory I can say that an argument 'size' is not used.
You mean the sys_mbox_new() implementation for unix and win32 don't use this argument? That's not a good thing then...
So what it is for?
First, it should be the minimum number of messages that the mbox can hold. Then, it may be used as an upper limit (reject packets if full / if that limit is reached), for example to prevent a UDP netconn buffering too many received UDP packets.
Of what size should be newly created mbox?
You can use the size argument as number of messages when creating the mbox.
I guess of size 'size' but the 'size' is always 0.
Size == 0 means "architecture dependent" for now, I guess.

Simon