lwip-users

RE: [lwip-users] System crashes with heavy load while connected to a hub

From: Pettinato, Jim
Subject: RE: [lwip-users] System crashes with heavy load while connected to a hub
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 14:17:21 -0400

Marco,

99.9% of the time when there are problems like this (an issue that seems to occur only under a heavy network load) it ends up that it is the Ethernet driver that is at fault. Bottom line, in heavy traffic situations there is a much greater likelihood that an area of the code that should be protected against interrupts - but isn’t - actually gets hit with an interrupt within that vulnerable location.

Hope that helps,

- Jim