lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Delay during transmission

From: JM
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Delay during transmission
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 10:47:07 -0800 (PST)

I believe I figured it out.  I was calling tcp_write, then tcp_output, but since I was referencing the data to be sent by pointer, I wanted to wait until it was successfully transmitted before freeing that buffer.  So, I had something set up where it wasn't leaving the function (tcp_recv function) until it had successfully transmitted, or a timer expired, whichever happened first.

The timer was 2s, and apparently lwIP wasn't sending the data until it left this function.  I thought it would do this in the interrupt (RAW mode).

Long story short, I learned the correct way to set this up and now it's lightning fast.  From your response, it seemed like I was doing something fundamentally wrong in the way I was using these functions, so that's where I started looking.  Thanks for your help.