lwip-users

RE: [lwip-users] cast increases required alignment of target type

From: Joe Dupre
Subject: RE: [lwip-users] cast increases required alignment of target type
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 12:35:19 -0500

> However, I'm curious: this warning should be issued when compiling
> other files, too (e.g. sockets.c, mem.c, memp.c), didn't you get those
> warnings?

No, this only occurs in tcp_out.c / tcp_output_segment().  I checked my
PACK_STRUCT macro implementation, and discovered that I don't have one.  All
structures are packed via -fpack-struct compiler option.  Could this be the
cause?

CFLAGS = -DGCC_ARM7 -O1 -g3 -gdwarf-2 -Wall -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith
-Wbad-function-cast -Wcast-align -Wsign-compare -Waggregate-return
-Wstrict-prototypes -Wunused -mlittle-endian -mcpu=arm7tdmi-s -marm
-fpack-struct

This build of yagarto use the following versions:

binutils: 2.19.1
gcc:      4.4.2
newlib:   1.17.0
gdb:      6.8.50-20080308-cvs