lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] seq number & ACK issue

From: PHAM ANH THIEN
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] seq number & ACK issue
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 17:57:31 +0700

hi Kieran,

my goal is improving speed of send/recv, now sending speed i reach 1.2MBytes/s. And i recognize after 2 packets sending will receive a ACK so if i can change after 5 packets (or more) sending will receive a ACK then absolutely speed will increase? Is is my thinking correct?

By the way, could you please tell me max speed of your lwip ? my system using is LPC2388 & FreeRTOS.

thanks and best regards,
Thien

On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 5:43 PM, Kieran Mansley <address@hidden> wrote:
On Tue, 2010-03-02 at 17:32 +0700, PHAM ANH THIEN wrote:
> I am running lwIP at sender, so i want after i send 3 packets or more
> than 2 packets i will receive ACK, can i do it?

No, and it makes no sense to want that.  Why would you need less
frequent ACKs?  It would in most cases just make performance worse.

Kieran