lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Duplicated ACK and retransmitted packets - some news

From: Lou Cypher
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Duplicated ACK and retransmitted packets - some news
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 20:20:25 +0100

> The MAC you have for your FPGA is OK, only what you're missing is a DMA
> engine. There are ip-core MACs including a DMA engine and there are
> those not including it - you can still write your own DMA engine for the
> MAC (especially if you need special handling in it). For a DMA-engine,
> double-buffering is enough as long as the internal data bus is faster
> DMA-ing received frames into RAM than receiving the next packet.
>
> Of course, writing a DMA for the MAC is not done in a day, either...

The problem isn't about writing a DMA engine, since the guy working on VHDL is
quite good with his work (and has already done it for really faster interfaces).

Main concern here is about resources usage in FPGA, and time needed for an
eventual (larger) design update (not just the DMA part); so for now I think I'll
stay with what I have :/

~ Lou