lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] how to speed up ethernet speed of lwip

From: PHAM ANH THIEN
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] how to speed up ethernet speed of lwip
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2010 08:05:25 +0700

hi Chris,

thanks a lot your sharing. Could you please forward your post on 11/22 since i could not find it.

best regards,
Thien

On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 5:56 PM, Chris Strahm <address@hidden> wrote:
I am using same MCU LPC2468 with FreeRTOS in Raw mode, I get about 2.5-3MB/s.  I wrote a post on 11/22 that gave more details about my testing/results.  At these rates a lot of little factors matter.  A lot of code fine tuning, optimization.  It's a lot of time consuming testing and trial&error code rewrites.  4MB/s might be possible but 5MB/s may be optimistic, if we are talking about TCP with full checksum and no zero copy.  And that is assuming a direct connection between lwIP and PC.  5MB/sec is approaching 50% of the full E100 line speed.  Going through a real LAN with traffic is another matter entirely.  Just going through our CISCO 2940 switches the speed takes another hit.  Increasing the zero traffic direct connection speed beyond a certain point probably isn't going to yield much overall performance gains when operated in a real network.  Just my experience.

Chris.