lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] WG: select timeout

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] WG: select timeout
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2010 12:44:30 +0000

On Mon, 2010-02-01 at 13:32 +0100, Mathias Zenger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I still have this problem with the select() function. Does anybody have
> experience with the select() timeout in lwIP? If it runs fine for you
> probably the port on my platform is faulty. Thanks for your assistance.

It's very likely to be your port - I don't recall any recent bugs due to
select timeout problems (but it might be wise to do a quick search of
the lwip-devel mailing list just to be sure).

You could try upgrading to 1.3.2 in case there was a problem in the
stack, or the port you're using, that got fixed in the upgrade.

The timeout is implemented (in current lwIP at least) using
sys_sem_wait_timeout(), which in turn uses sys_arch_sem_wait() which
will be part of your port.  You should be able to look at how this
operates to check its behaviour.

Kieran