lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Assertion failed in TCP code

From: David Hammerton
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Assertion failed in TCP code
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2009 22:35:53 +1100

Hi Kieran,

Thanks for your reply.

Most of that code is from a sample app from Atmel, and I can't remember exactly what it's doing. I'll check it out on Tuesday, when I'm back at work, and let you know. What should it be doing, though?

Cheers

David

On Thu, Dec 24, 2009 at 8:14 PM, Kieran Mansley <address@hidden> wrote:
On Thu, 2009-12-24 at 14:42 +1100, David Hammerton wrote:

> But does that take care of locking issues between the MAC thread (A)
> and the socket thread (C), or should I be doing my own locking there?
> Or is there some alternative to the MAC thread, that is more
> appropriate for use with the sockets API? Or is the tcpip thread (D)
> interfering somehow? If the tcpip_thread is supposed to deal with all
> tcp data, how come the MAC thread is processing the data (As seen in
> the backtrace).

That looks like your bug.  How is the MAC thread passing packets up to
the stack?  Also, can you show us your "netif_add()" function call?

Thanks

Kieran