lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Multicast Example?

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Multicast Example?
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 07:43:21 +0100

Jonathan Ross wrote:
> [..]
> Did I do something wrong?

Unfortunately, I can't help you much there, as I don't really use IGMP...
However, your code does seem correct. Do other packets have trailing zeros?
What does wireshark say to those zeros?

> [..]
> Also, xemac_add calls netif_add, and within which there is the following
> code:
>
>   netif->flags = 0;
>
> // ...
>
> #if LWIP_IGMP
>   /* start IGMP processing */
>   if (netif->flags & NETIF_FLAG_IGMP) {
>     igmp_start( netif);
>   }
> #endif /* LWIP_IGMP */
>
> How does igmp_start ever get called? I don't see any code in the file
> (where I write //... above) that could reset the flag to include
> NETIF_FLAG_IGMP.

The init function of your netif (passed to netif_add) should set the flags (ARP
if supported, IGMP if supported, etc). It gets called between the lines you
pasted above (at the place of "// ...").

Simon