lwip-users

[lwip-users] Some PPP questions and an issue ...

From: fepgmbh
Subject: [lwip-users] Some PPP questions and an issue ...
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 06:11:34 -0800 (PST)

Dear LWIP-Community,

i have a PPP issue, which may be related to the network configuration of the
provider, but i'm not sure about the behaviour of the PPP layer of LWIP.

I made some logs and found out the following: Starting the PPP, i'll get the
following log output:

-----

lcp_init: xmit_accm=0 0 0 0
pppMain: unit 0: Connecting
pppStartCB: unit 0
ppp_set_xaccm[0]: outACCM=0 0 0 0
pppInProc[0]: got 64 bytes
pppInProc[0]: Dropping incomplete packet 3
ppp_send_config[0]: outACCM=FF FF FF FF
ppp_recv_config[0]: inACCM=0 0 0 0
lcp_lowerup: asyncmap=0 0 0 0
LCP: lowerup state 0 (LS_INITIAL) -> 2 (LS_CLOSED)
auth_reset: 0
lcp_addci: L opt=2 0
lcp_addci: L opt=5 68E65D87
lcp_addci: opt=7
lcp_addci: opt=8
pppWrite[0]: len=45
fsm_sdata(LCP): Sent code 1,1,20.
LCP: sending Configure-Request, id 1
LCP: open state 2 (LS_CLOSED) -> 6 (LS_REQSENT)
pppInput[0]: LCP len=28
fsm_input(LCP):1,1,28
fsm_rconfreq(LCP): Rcvd id 1 state=6 (LS_REQSENT)
lcp_reqci: rcvd MRU 1500 PAP (C023) MAGICNUMBER (381C6161) ASYNCMAP=A0000
lcp_reqci:  PCOMPRESSION ACCOMPRESSION
lcp_reqci: returning CONFACK.
pppWrite[0]: len=58
fsm_sdata(LCP): Sent code 2,1,28.
pppInProc[0]: got 1 bytes
pppInProc[0]: got 11 bytes
pppInProc[0]: got 12 bytes
pppInProc[0]: got 11 bytes
pppInProc[0]: got 11 bytes
pppInput[0]: LCP len=20
fsm_input(LCP):2,1,20
fsm_rconfack(LCP): Rcvd id 1 state=8 (LS_ACKSENT)
lcp_acki: Ack
ppp_send_config[0]: outACCM=0 0 A 0
ppp_recv_config[0]: inACCM=0 0 0 0
link_established: 0
upap_lowerup: 0 s=0
IPCP: lowerup state 0 (LS_INITIAL) -> 2 (LS_CLOSED)
upap_authwithpeer: 0 user=TMO password=TMO s=1
pppWrite[0]: len=19
pap_sauth: Sent id 1
pppInProc[0]: got 1 bytes
pppInProc[0]: got 10 bytes
pppInProc[0]: got 5 bytes
pppInput[0]: PAP len=5
pap_rauthack: Rcvd id 1 s=3
Remote message:
auth_withpeer_success: 0 proto=C023
pppWrite[0]: len=29
fsm_sdata(IPCP): Sent code 1,1,22.
IPCP: sending Configure-Request, id 1
IPCP: open state 2 (LS_CLOSED) -> 6 (LS_REQSENT)

----

at this state, it stops for some seconds, and then this logger output
starts:

----

upap_timeout: 0 timeout 6 expired s=4
IPCP: timeout resending Config-Request state=6 (LS_REQSENT)
pppWrite[0]: len=30
fsm_sdata(IPCP): Sent code 1,1,22.
IPCP: sending Configure-Request, id 1
pppInProc[0]: got 1 bytes
pppInProc[0]: got 10 bytes
pppInProc[0]: got 12 bytes
pppInProc[0]: got 12 bytes
pppInProc[0]: got 11 bytes
pppInProc[0]: got 3 bytes
pppInput[0]: IPCP len=22
fsm_input(IPCP):3,1,22
fsm_rconfnakrej(IPCP): Rcvd id 1 state=6 (LS_REQSENT)
primary DNS address 0.0.0.0
secondary DNS address 0.0.0.0
pppWrite[0]: len=29
fsm_sdata(IPCP): Sent code 1,2,22.
IPCP: sending Configure-Request, id 2
pppInProc[0]: got 1 bytes
pppInProc[0]: got 11 bytes
pppInProc[0]: got 11 bytes
pppInProc[0]: got 12 bytes
pppInProc[0]: got 12 bytes
pppInProc[0]: got 2 bytes
pppInput[0]: IPCP len=22
fsm_input(IPCP):3,2,22
fsm_rconfnakrej(IPCP): Rcvd id 2 state=6 (LS_REQSENT)
primary DNS address 0.0.0.0
secondary DNS address 0.0.0.0
pppWrite[0]: len=29
fsm_sdata(IPCP): Sent code 1,3,22.
IPCP: sending Configure-Request, id 3

----

Now, LWIP is sending out this blocks counting up the "id" up to 255, then
starting again from "0". This will happen all the time until i stop the PPP
dialup after my timeout stops.

What i want to know here is:

- What is happening here and why does PPP send all the huge amount of data
over my serial connection (these blocks with  "upcounting" id )?

- How can i get the reason of a failed PPP dialup out of LWIP, for
displaying it in my application to the customers?

- Is there a detailed documentation how the PPP part works?

Thank your for your kind replies!
Marco