lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] When TCP connection fails

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] When TCP connection fails
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 15:54:44 +0100

JM wrote:
How is the error callback specified?  I have not been able to find this.

Use tcp_err() from tcp.h.
Also, I looked in the rawapi.txt file and found this, which further confuses me:

  The tcp_connect() function returns immediately; it does not wait for
  the connection to be properly setup. Instead, it will call the
  function specified as the fourth argument (the "connected" argument)
  when the connection is established. If the connection could not be
  properly established, either because the other host refused the
  connection or because the other host didn't answer, the "connected"
  function will be called with an the "err" argument set accordingly.

Yeah, that's a bit confusing... I think I remember having a bug report for that. That has been fixed with 1.3.1, though. You should probably update from 1.3.0 (or whichever old version you are using) to 1.3.1 (or even 1.3.2 RC1).

Simon