lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] TCP_WRITE_FLAG_MORE

From: Chris Strahm
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] TCP_WRITE_FLAG_MORE
Date: Sun, 08 Nov 2009 18:15:28 -0800

Thanks for your response David.  You sound like you know this stuff well.

The reason I asked was because I could not see any difference.  The tests I
am running right now are with my custom TCP protocol with send/rcve 4MB data
blocks.  I get about 2.2MB/sec transfer rates right now.  I've tried
tcp_write with and without PUSH on every call and could not see more than
about 1% difference in speed.  I also tried with and without tcp_output
after every tcp_write, and didn't see much difference either.   I guess if
everything just seems to keep working no matter what I set, I should be
happy.

Like you say, the other side is probably not treating the packets much
differently.  This is my Windows app and I am using blocking mode with
multiple threads.  Not sure there is any control over how Winsock handles
PUSH at the app level, but it sure looks like it doesn't really matter
anyway.  The data comes in and goes out just fine.

Thanks, Chris.