lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] TCP payload is doubled

From: David Empson
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] TCP payload is doubled
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 10:52:30 +1300

That description sounds suspiciously like a known bug in 1.3.1, where TCP segments are incorrectly attached to the unsent queue.

https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?27504

There is a patch attached to the bug report, and Simon checked it into LWIP a couple of days ago. If you can get CVS-head or apply that patch to your existing code it will hopefully fix the problem.

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Shmelzer" <address@hidden>
Sent: Wednesday, October 14, 2009 9:41 AM
Subject: [lwip-users] TCP payload is doubled

Occasionally, the payload in my TCP return packet sent from lwip is more
bytes than I'm expecting.
It looks like it may be concatenating two copies of the payload.
When it happens, it enters this section of tcp_enqueue():

 /* If there is room in the last pbuf on the unsent queue,
 chain the first pbuf on the queue together with that. */
 if (useg != NULL &&

I'm using 1.3.1 with latest tcp_out.c and tcp.h.
I did not have this problem with 1.3.0.
I'm still debugging, but wanted to get this out there in case it's a
problem with the new changes to tcp_out.c.