lwip-users

[lwip-users] Packet receive in ISR for emac device driver

From: Yann Suisini
Subject: [lwip-users] Packet receive in ISR for emac device driver
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2009 11:57:12 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I'm porting a existin emac driver for my controller (lpc23xx). The receive
of the packet is currently done in a ISR  :
the packet is enqueud in the RTOS the emac was written for .

I know I have to get the packet with  my_netif->input function but could I
put data in pbufs directly from the ISR , or it's better to only update a
value filled by length of available data and get data further in
my_netif->input ?

In the first case the RX buffer descriptors of the MAC controller is done
totally in the ISr. In the second case, I can only update descriptors to
release the MAC buffer in my_netif->input. But then there could be
concurrency access from ISR and main thread :-/ Is it possible to avoid to
enable/disable interupt ? ( on ARM it's a global disable / enable ...).

If you already worked with such a driver , your help will be very
appreciated ! :)

thanks in advance .

Yann.