lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] How to know if a full packed was ACK'ed ? (netconn api)

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] How to know if a full packed was ACK'ed ? (netconn api)
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2009 07:42:28 +0200

Yann Suisini wrote:
I want to use the netconn_api for my app , but I have a question :
I need to optimize the bandwith due to high latency connection
(intercontinental) , so I'll send big packets (about 5KB by 5KB) .
That doesn't result in big packets: the data will be splitted into multiple packets of 1460 bytes of data.
Because the systeme doe not havo much memory I would send the data with NETCONN_NOCOPY . So I have to be sure the full packet was ACK to be able to use the netbuf again . How can I know if the full packet was ACKed byt the remote peer ?
With the netconn api, I think there's no way to tell. With the raw api, your sent-callback would be called with the amount of bytes acked by the peer, but the raw api is a little harder to use than the netconn api.

Simon