lwip-users

RE: [lwip-users] issues with resending out of order segments

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: RE: [lwip-users] issues with resending out of order segments
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 14:09:10 +0100

On Tue, 2009-09-22 at 14:41 +0200, Kesten, Joerg wrote:
> So the question would be (to me): Is tcp_enqueue just called in the
> wrong moment, or should the "chain" mechanism be improved to verify
> that the two segments it tries to chain are really consecutive? Or is
> there something else I am missing?

Great, I'm glad you've found the problem, and also pleased that it's not
a locking issue.  This should be much easier to fix, and as there were
changes to tcp_enqueue in 1.3.1 also explains why this problem is new.
Could you please file a bug?

To answer your question, the fix will be to fix tcp_enqueue to not
concatenate non-consecutive segments.

Kieran