lwip-users

AW: [lwip-users] DNS for socket API

From: Mathias Zenger
Subject: AW: [lwip-users] DNS for socket API
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2009 16:40:03 +0200

Hi,

I am working on my 'problem' again.

My call of gethostbyname() after a few seconds always returns NULL. I set a
breakpoint within this function and saw that

err = netconn_gethostbyname(name, &addr);

returns the error code -8. Unfortunately I still don't know what I am doing
wrong. DHCP works fine and gives the correct DNS server address. LWIP_DNS is
set to 1. There is no packet output from my device to the DNS server at all
(no packet captured with Wireshark). Is there a special need to 'somehow
handle' the DNS server address?

To solve my previous problems I replaced the netdb.c/h files in my stack.
Afterwards the compiler errors/warnings disappeared. Was it a bad idea to
just replace the two 1.3.0 files by the 1.3.1 version?

Any other ideas? Thanks.
Regards,
Mathias