lwip-users

[lwip-users] lwIP on TI C55 processor

From: Chris Williams
Subject: [lwip-users] lwIP on TI C55 processor
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 14:45:46 +0100

In message <address@hidden>, Jamie
Granger <address@hidden> writes
>Hi,
>I am a new member of this list and new to lwIP.  I have a question
>regarding using lwip with a Texas Instruments C55 DSP.
>
>Searching through the archives I found several posts back in 2004
>referring to the C55 processor and that people were porting lwip for
>this processor and other 16-bit processors.  (The main problem with the
>C55 seems to be that this processor does not have an 8-bit type, or
>8-bit addressing, therefore using u8_t pointers does not work
>correctly.)
>
>The question is, have these problems been fixed in the current version
>of lwip ?  So, can I use the current version as it is, or do I need a
>special port for the C55 ?  If I do need a port, then does anyone know
>where I can get hold of one ?
>(There was a link to a C55 port in one of the 2004 posts, but the link
>now seems to be broken.)
>
>Note, I plan to use lwip with a serial port interface, using either PPP
>or SLIP.
>
>Thanks,
>Jamie Granger

Jamie,

Does the C55 provide any way of handling 8 bits, or of packing 16 bits
down to 8?

For instance:

int16 a,b,c;

        c = (a<<8) + (b & 0x00ff);

where the 8 bit values are the bottom 8 bits of the 16 bit a and b.

Much of the data encoding in TCP/IP etc is 8 bit values packed into 16
bit locations. If you can manage the pack and unpack, then there is
hope.

Regards,

Chris.
| Chris Williams    EMail address@hidden                            |
|                   Web www.chrydesn.co.uk                                |
|                   Tel/Fax  01686 688065                                 |
| Chrysalis Design. Electronics, Computers, Hardware, Software.           |
|                   Design and development to meet all your needs.        |