lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] lwIP - NAT implementation

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] lwIP - NAT implementation
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2009 23:22:08 +0200

Christian Walter wrote:
  - We would need some defragmentation code to handle fragmented UDP and
TCP pakets correctly. This is the most difficult one but is not need by
my customer right now. Still I would like to have the opportunity to add
this later. Are there some design issues I should take care of right now?
Couldn't we just forward the fragments?

The problem with this is that I can not track the state anymore since I need the TCP and UDP headers for this. When I receive back an packet I am currently checking if the tcp port belongs to a connection with NAT. I only have the TCP header in the first paket of the fragment.
Couldn't we just insert the forwarding after the call to ip_frag_input() (or whatever the function is called, i.e. after defragmenting a packet)?

Simon