lwip-users

RE: [lwip-users] http_sent cb shows 1 byte trailer [RAW]

From: Pettinato, Jim
Subject: RE: [lwip-users] http_sent cb shows 1 byte trailer [RAW]
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 09:40:07 -0400

I posted my raw API HTTP daemon here a while back; it is similar to the
raw contrib version, but I'd replaced the htmlgen PERL script with a 'C'
program that basically performs the same operation; the major difference
is that the HTTP headers are no longer embedded with the processed files
but are now prepended by the daemon when requested. This way customized
pages can be stored to flash by the end user and served up. I have not
handled POST, but do support target-specific URL variables, which suited
my needs
(e.g. http\\192.168.0.1\transdata.html?trans_back=2&batch=4)

I also like the idea of a callback to the application to get data; my
implementation used a permanently allocated buffer to 'expand' ROM or
flash based pages (i.e. fill in server side includes). If I'd had the
time to invest up front I would have preferred to come up with a
solution that could stream the data, filling in the variable portions on
the fly.

If anybody wishes to review what I have done, either search the archives
or drop me a note and I'll forward the latest.

- Jim
__

James M. Pettinato, Jr. Software Engineer
FMC Technologies Measurement Solutions Inc.
http://www.fmctechnologies.com

>However, I'm currently also working on the httpd (the one in contrib -
>we might need a httpd in the next product) and didn't have the NULL arg

>problem yet, btu I also didn't see RST packets in wireshark. I'll have
>to test it with larger files though.

<snip>

>I'm also planning POST and som kind of cgi support: is there any free
>code available that we could merge back into contrib? Then I wouldn't
>have to do it on my own ;-)

Maybe we can collaborate - I did a crude "git er done" GET and POST
handler practically hard coded for a demo.  I want GET and POST to be
able to reference (easily if possible) C variables - updating on a POST
and returning on a GET.  I was trying to get Luminary's httpd port
running and had trouble.  It has some interesting and worthwhile
concepts.  One is a callback to the app as it needs data to fill in.  I
was headed toward a fixed table of data which contains fields for the
type and how to format the output.  I was thinking of using e.g. the
printf/scanf specifiers and use them to format incoming and outgoing
data.  There are a lot of ways to do this of course.

Bill