lwip-users

[lwip-users] TCP transmission issue, with linux server.

From: B B
Subject: [lwip-users] TCP transmission issue, with linux server.
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2009 11:04:12 +0200

Hi all,

I am using 1.3.0 stable, and I am experiencing a problem, when my unit is communicating with a linux server.

I am using the netconn api and using the TCP protocol.

So far we have been running test up against a windows server, which have been trouble free.

The problem is that the windows server is sending MSS size frames to the unit, but the linux server is splitting the frames.

I have tried to enable ip reass. But this didn't help.

I have attached the packet capture. The problem is frame no. 10. This is an ack packet with 750 bytes data.
I would have expected it to be a PSH, ACK packet with 1436 bytes of data.

Has anyone encountered an simillar issue, or can anyone explain to me, why the linux and windows behave that differently and what a solution might be to this ?

best regards,
Martin

What can you do with the new Windows Live? Find out