lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] TCP causing out of mem pool [RAW]

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] TCP causing out of mem pool [RAW]
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 12:20:27 +0100

On Tue, 2009-07-28 at 04:03 -0700, Chris_S wrote:
> > > Obviously the TCP PCB is never being freed.
> > > So what routine is suppose to do this?
> >
> > They're probably all in the TIME_WAIT state.  This is correct.  They'll
> > get freed once they leave TIME_WAIT and go to CLOSED.
> >
> > Kieran
>
> So when do they go to CLOSED?
> I waited minutes and the TCP pile keeps building.
> I closed my browser window, opened another,
> and the TCP still keeps piling up.
>
> Not happening.  When do they get freed?

2 * TCP_MSL is the default timeout I think.

However, I think we try and recycle PCBs from TIME_WAIT when we try to
alloc and there isn't one available.  I wonder if the message you're
seeing is just the "I failed to find a free one" and then the following
line of code gets one from TIME_WAIT and everything is OK.  Do you
actually see anything go wrong, or is it just the message that you don't
like?

Kieran