lwip-users

[lwip-users] Netbios General Questions

From: Chris_S
Subject: [lwip-users] Netbios General Questions
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 01:14:12 -0700

The recent post about Netbios has prompted me to ask similar.

I know nothing about Netbios.  Windows sends out those Yellow packets I see in Wireshark all the time, which lwIP seems to ignore.  I realize they probably don't matter but they constantly fill up the screen.  Annoying.

I guess they are asking or trying to tell lwIP something.  I tried hooking up the Netbios code that was in the contrib section, but I didn't see any effect. lwIP still did not respond to any of the Yellow packets that I could tell.

I know I can remove the Windows LAN modules that are creating those, but just wondered if any code for lwIP is around that actually responds to them, and gets them to shut up!

Thanks,  Chris.