lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] tcp_poll(), event handlers and possible misinformation

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] tcp_poll(), event handlers and possible misinformation
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2009 18:35:16 +0200

Lou Cypher wrote:
The poll handler didn't spawn exactly in my intentions: for some reason it was
already there.
Then going on with tests, I started /loosing/ some packets coming from a web
client: those packets are _never_ routed to recv handler, from that point of
view they're lost, while the poll handler is called for them.
The poll handler is called for a PCB, not for specific packets, so it's not really clear what you mean.
So I don't refuse data.
Where is data payload? No idea, for some reason those packets are systematically
lost; i.e. it happens on every second packet for a 4 packets POST (I'm sending
around 5 kB, MSS is 1460).
Did you handle pbuf queues correctly? Did you maybe (or accidentally) reset the recv callback pointer in the PCB somehow? *Every second packet* is a bit too regularly...
Here's why I asked about the right method to receive more data than a MSS in
length, and if that is to handle in poll events or whatever.
Looks like I'm the only one in this ML sending more than 1460 bytes *to* lwIP...

It's not really even worth answering this rhetorical question, but you definitively aren't!