lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] port LwIP 1.3.0 to uC/OS-II with powerpc

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] port LwIP 1.3.0 to uC/OS-II with powerpc
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 21:40:14 +0200

That part of the port (as it is in cc.h, which stands for C-compiler, I guess) depends on the compiler you are using. As you are using gcc, I guess you can take the linux port (which also uses gcc) as a starter.

ATTENTION: the packing is a crucial part of the port: if it is not done correctly, lwIP will not be able to access the network headers in the packets correctly.

The linux port is available in the contrib ZIP available in the download section.

Simon

Kevin wrote:
Hi, Simon:

Thank you very much for the guidance: I am almost get there following your suggestion.

One thing I am concerning is that I got lots of warning associating with "PACK_STRUCT_FIELD".

I checked the cc.h and find this line:
#define PACK_STRUCT_FIELD(x) x

I think this line doesn't do any packing on 'x' as it claimed. In my opinion, this line should be:
#define PACK_STRUCT_FIELD(x) x __attribute__((packed))

However, if I change it this way, I got lots of warnings as below:

/lwip130/src/lwip-1.3.0/src/include/ipv4/lwip/ip.h:135: warning: 'packed' attribute ignored for field of type 'struct ip_addr' /lwip130/src/lwip-1.3.0/src/include/ipv4/lwip/ip.h:136: warning: 'packed' attribute ignored for field of type 'struct ip_addr'

Could you please give me a help on why this warning and how I can get rid of it?

I am using powerpc-eabi-gcc and powerpc405.

Thank you!

Regards,
Kevin