lwip-users

[lwip-users] Window memory leak from retransmitted packets

From: David Ward
Subject: [lwip-users] Window memory leak from retransmitted packets
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 12:32:06 +0100

Hi
I wonder if anyone can help with a lwip problem on a Xilinx ML506 Virtex 5 evaluation board with a microblaze processor and Xilinx Lwip 2.0

We are using the raw packet implemetation with a single TCPIP socket link between a windows PC and the development board. I have based my code on the Xilinx web server examples.

Our link connects and runs for a while, then fails.
Investigating with wireshark shows that on occasion lwip fails to ack a packet or two causing the PC to perform a fast re-transmission, lwip transmits an ack and the link re covers, except that our window size has reduced by the size of the re-transmitted packet. It is this 'window buffer leak' that causes the link to fail eventually.

Is there anything I am missing, or that I need to do to clear out duplicate packets?

Many thanks in advance for your help

Dave

unauthorized and may be illegal.