lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] netconn - using in different tasks

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] netconn - using in different tasks
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 09:26:03 +0200

The wiki page is indeed very confusing. I recently added some lines to
rawapi.txt, but that new version is only available through CVS, yet.

The baseline is that what you are doing is not really supported: sockets AND
netconns are not allowed to be shared between multiple threads. This is a known
limitation (e.g. fullduplex protocols which read in one thread and write in
another thread are not supported), but it's yet unclear if this will be changed.

In your application, it could be enough if you just put the netconn on the
queue and mark it as 'to be deleted' somehow, and delete it in the task that
previously used it.

Simon