lwip-users

RE : [lwip-users] netif hostname not active

From: Frédéric BERNON
Subject: RE : [lwip-users] netif hostname not active
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 11:55:56 +0200

The "netif::hostname" field can be used for DHCP negociation to automaticly register your device name in a DNS (associated to DHCP).

If you want to be able to ping your lwip device without a such DHCP/DNS on your network, use the "contrib/apps/netbios sample".

You could download it from http://nongnu.mirror.ironie.org/releases/lwip/contrib-1.3.0.zip.

The win32 port show how to use it. You just need to set "#define LWIP_NETBIOS_APP 1" in your lwipcfg_msvc.h file.

Frédéric BERNON
HYMATOM SA
Chef de projet informatique
Microsoft Certified Professional