lwip-users

[lwip-users] Long-term reliability of the lwIP stack.

From: Roger Cover
Subject: [lwip-users] Long-term reliability of the lwIP stack.
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 15:38:12 -0700

Greetings folks,

A few months ago, someone raised a question about the long-term
reliability of the lwIP stack. I started a long-term test to see how my
system measured up. Here are my results:

Time in continuous operation: 9,075,951.767 seconds (105 days, 1 hour, 5
minutes, 51.767 seconds)

Total incoming packets: 152,673,639 (7,943,457 were ARP packets)

Average packets per second: >16.8

Here is my system configuration:

lwIP version 1.2 using the callback API.
My system processor is a Power PC 405 in a Xilinx Virtex-4 FPGA.
My MAC is the Virtex-4 built-in MAC.
My PHY is a Broadcom BCM5461.
My OS is my own.
My driver is my own.
I am using the library as downloaded from the Savannah project page. Not
the one in the Xilinx EDK.
My system is connected to my company network with 115 other
workstations, printers, and servers.

I just wanted to let the developers know that they have been doing a
great job. I hope to have a chance to move up to the latest version of
lwIP later this year. Thank you for all your hard work on this excellent
product.

Regards,
Roger W. Cover
Spectral Instruments, Inc.