lwip-users

[lwip-users] tcp_close() and lwip still holds pcb

From: Reither, Robert (AU14)
Subject: [lwip-users] tcp_close() and lwip still holds pcb
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 09:10:36 +0100

Hi,

I’m just a little confused by lwip (v1.3.0) behavior with telnet (tcp) connections.

I start a telnet connection with windows XP telnet and my app on the other side (with lwip stack) does lwip_accept and than decides to end the connection (no more resources)

It sends a string to XP telling out of resources (with lwip_write) and than call lwip_close()

This causes the telnet on XP to close immediately, but the stack just goes to state TIME_WAIT

This means, lwip still holds the pcb for 2*TCP_MSL == 120s and than frees the pcb in tcp_slowtmr.

Is this the correct style, I mean the client has already terminated the connection, why does lwip still wait for some response ??

Robert Reither

Research & Development

Honeywell Life Safety Austria GmbH

Lemböckgasse 49