lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Still a Bug with memory wasting after PPP reconnect?

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Still a Bug with memory wasting after PPP reconnect?
Date: Sat, 07 Mar 2009 19:20:36 +0100

I know this is not the answer you'd expect, but I have to warn you that there is currently no active developer using the PPP part of lwIP, so you might have to rely on answers of other users on this list. As always, new developers caring about PPP are welcome to take part and improve it!

Simon

Letschi wrote:

Hello!

I am using PPP over a serial interface to communicate with a GSM-Modem. This works fine, but I have the following problem: After closing the PPP connection and reestablishing the connection, my application crashes because pbuf_alloc returns NULL. The number of reconnects the application “survives” depends on the define MEM_SIZE (size of reserved heap memory). My application only uses one pbuf_malloc-call:

Int SendUdpMsg (udp_pcb *pUdpConn, void *pBuff, int nLength )

{

struct pbuf* packet;

char * data;

packet=(struct pbuf *)pbuf_alloc(PBUF_TRANSPORT, nLength, PBUF_RAM);

Assert( packet != NULL );

data=(char*)packet->payload;

memcpy(data, pBuff, nLength );

udp_send(pUdpConn, packet);

pbuf_free( packet );

return nLength;

}

As you can see I free the allocated memory directly after sending, so I don’t really know who is wasting my mem? Anyone an idea?`

Best regards,

Letschi