lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Re: lwip-users Digest, Vol 67, Issue 13

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Re: lwip-users Digest, Vol 67, Issue 13
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2009 15:20:18 +0000

On Fri, 2009-03-06 at 09:56 -0500, Chen wrote:
> Where/How do I file a bug report?

Follow the links on the lwIP project page.  Should bring you out here:

https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?func=additem&group=lwip

> BTW, the following looks like a bug to me, too
>
> I use the socket programming approach from here, copying the sample
> codes "AS IS"
> http://ultimaserial.com/avr_lwip_tcp.html
>
> Everything works fine
>
> Then I change the following in lwipopts.h
> #defineTCP_SND_BUF             30000 (default was 2150)
> #definePBUF_POOL_SIZE          60 (default was 6)
>
> telnet will not connect anymore!

I appreciate you reporting issues of this kind, but when doing so it
would be really helpful if you could include more information about your
setup, what you do to provoke the problem, and how it fails.  As we
don't have the hardware or software that you're using, I can't just try
this for myself and investigate it, I can only go on what information
you can give me.  In this case including the link to the application
source is very helpful, but do you also have a packet capture of the
failure?  Any debug logs?  Any copies of lwip stats when it fails?  And
so on...   If you're able to debug the application that would help too:
in this case you're reporting that it does not accept a connection, so
does the lwip_accept() call in the example source return an error?  If
so, what is it.  If not, does it return at all or is it blocked.  I hope
you can see that this is all with the aim of getting your problem solved
as quickly as possible.

Kieran