lwip-users

[lwip-users] Problems while loading http contens

From: Bernhard 'Gustl' Bauer
Subject: [lwip-users] Problems while loading http contens
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2009 08:20:59 +0100

Hi,

when lwip has plenty of cpu time all seems to work fine. But when CPU time drops below 50% I have problems loading my website.

First m1.html is requested by a browser. While this request is still being processed a second request for slider.js is sent by the browser. This connection is reset by lwip and never requested by the browser again. So the website is incomplete. These overlapping GETs happen several times.

When I have plenty of CPU time for lwip I see no overlapping connections. What causes these overlapping connections? Slow response time?

I can see two solutions:

1. Force the browser to request a new file only after the previous has been loaded. I have no idea whether and how this can be done.

2. Teach LWIP to process several GET connections parallel. But the browser may always start more GET connections than LWIP can handle.

Looking forward to your answers.

TIA

Gustl