lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] lwip stopping transmission

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] lwip stopping transmission
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 10:42:01 +0000

On Wed, 2009-02-18 at 11:22 +0100, PELISSIER Christophe wrote:

> there is not a lot of information regarding this "x" field of the
> ADI_ETHER_BUFFER structure.
> Any information around this field or this structure are well come.
> Any advise on how to track my issue are well come to.
>
> i use the lwip v1.2 with an Analog Device port.

That code is part of the Analog Devices port of lwIP, rather than lwIP
itself.  I doubt you'll get much support from Analog Devices, but it
might be worth a try asking them.

If I were trying to debug this myself I'd investigate where the
ADI_ETHER_BUFFERs get allocated and freed, and see if there was a
possible leak of the buffers when the cable is unplugged.  Perhaps the
driver is dropping the packets but not returning the buffers when there
is no link?  Perhaps they are all sitting in a queue somewhere waiting
to be sent?  Unfortunately as I don't have a copy of the Analog Devices
port I can't answer these questions myself, but it might help you
investigate your problem.

Kieran