lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Re: lwip-users Digest, Vol 66, Issue 4

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Re: lwip-users Digest, Vol 66, Issue 4
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2009 07:50:38 +0100

> Well I used sizeof(string) instead of strlen, but the problem was - I
> got only 4 bytes on receiver side. However, whenever I used some
> integer :
>  tcp_write(pcb, test, 1024*1024, 0);
>
> I got the ack that 1024 bytes sent.But could not received by receiver end.

That worked? Very strange, since the 'len' parameter of tcp_write is an u16_t.
Unless you did not define the types correctly in the platform port you are
using, u16_t should lead to 0 when passing 1024*1024 (0x100000 truncated to 16
bit -> 0x0000). That would explain it if you received nothing :-)

> Ya,my interface(network) is working correctly.

How did you test that, does another protocol like UDP work?

> And, the bytes are
> being lost in such a way:
> 1. when I sent 24 I got 16.
> 2. when I sent 16 I got 8
>
> Where are these 8 bytes going? (and these are not zeros)

It would be best if you could use an ethernet sniffer like wireshark to see
which data is really transfered on the wire, that would make it a lot easier
for us to guess what's going wrong.

Simon
http://www.gmx.net/de/go/multimessenger01