lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Security implemented in LWIP

From: Piero 74
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Security implemented in LWIP
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 11:53:10 +0100

Hi

I have similar problem with my ip board. My product is for intrusion market, so, our marketing, asked me if i can protect the board from crash caused by DOS attack.
Yesterday, during tests on my board, a guy tried a SYN flood attack, and after, my board needed a reset (i suppose lwip stack crashed... but i have to investigate)

In my opinion, a solution to reduce risk from DOS attacks, is PACKET FILTERING:
my idea is to give the user the possibility to define some rules for incoming packets, that will be applied in the emac driver context:
- a list of TRUSTED IP, only packets from this ip will be forward to lwip stack
- rules for packet filtering based on protocol (IGMP/UDP/TCP), ports, and IP

Raunak, Mike and other developers... we can discuss about this here.

Bye
Piero.